After we’ve covered the basics, we move down to the properties on the text layers. There are a few options that are totally unique to text layers as well as a few additions in the context menus that will speed up your workflow. For instance, we learn how to edit a Photoshop text layer right inside of After Effects, complete with translated layer styles. We also go over a few techniques for overcoming readability issues and some tips for creative ways to fix common problems. We learn how to preview animation presets, and finish by learning per-character animation with both Classic 3D and Ray-traced 3D.
This tutorial is full of all the possibilities for your text in After Effects. It’s perfect for a beginner just starting out learning the type tools or for someone more seasoned looking to increase their knowledge about all things text in After Effects.
- Introduction and project overview
- Getting started with Type tools
- Navigating the Character panel
- Navigating the Paragraph panel
- Animating using the Source Text option
- Path and more options for type
- Text conversions and mattes
- Text readability: Do’s and Don’ts
- Using and previewing text animation presets
- Using the text animate menu
- Understanding the two types of 3D text
- Per-character animation with two types of 3D