Automatically detects edits in footage. To use it you simply select a footage layer in a comp, set the work area to the region you’d like to find edits and tell Magnum to go to work!
- Split into new layers: This mode will split the selected layer into individual layers at every edit.
- Trimmed pre-comps: This mode will split the layer and then pre-comp it into a comp that is the length of the split layer.
- Full-length pre-comps: This mode will split the layer and pre-comp it into a comp that is the same length as the original comp.
- Trimmed adjustment layers: This mode will create a new adjustment layer that is trimmed to the length of every detected scene.
- Place markers on layer: This mode will create and place markers at every detected edit point.
- Save thumbnails for each cut/marker: This mode will export a thumbnail for the selected layers or or all layers if none is selected. If you add a text layer named: slate it will burn it into each thumbnail. All special keywords work here as well. Position and style your text before running the export. If you add a text file named: export_template.txt in the export folder it will use it to create an export report file.
Again special keywords work here and if you use tabs or commas it will be a spreadsheet. Replace ‘layer’ with ‘marker’ in the keywords when exporting thumbnails from markers. Thumbnail size will match the comp resolution.